Welcome Parmley STAR parents! I am proud to be the principal of such an amazing school! I know you, along with myself, have high expectations for the kind of school experience that we provide for your children. Our continued focus is to ensure that our students are ready for the future.
At Parmley, we feel that focusing on instruction, engaging students in the learning process and maximizing learning time are key ingredients in meeting the goal of academic success for all of our students. We teach the TEKS(Texas Academic of Knowledge and Skills), our state-mandated curriculum, and make sure that they are ready for state and district assessments. As parents, you are our partners in your child's education. We ask you to join us in making learning a priority.
These are some ways you can help:
- Get your child to school on time. Our day begins at 8:25 a.m. Your child must be in the classroom at that time in order to avoid being counted as tardy. Traffic is always heavy in the morning. Please leave home in time to allow for this.
- Make sure that your child does his/her homework. Homework is given for a variety of reasons, primarily to reinforce skills already taught in the classroom. It is not busy work, but a valuable learning tool.
- Check your child's folder or planner when it comes home. These are the tools that teachers use to keep you informed and that you can use to communicate with teachers.
- Read with your child every night. Reading is a skill critical to the mastery of all other subjects. As with any other skill, the more it is practiced, the stronger it becomes.
- Practice those math facts! Although we work a lot on problem solving in math, they must know the facts in order to get the problem correct.
The faculty and staff at Parmley is ready to meet the challenges and reap the rewards that we know this year will bring. I believe in the importance of building strong relationships with teachers, students and parents. I am eager to continue working with you and forming a dynamic partnership that will help our Parmley STAR students continue to excel!
PROUD Principal of Parmley Elementary School